I don't know how to start this post off but it's been four years since I've started blogging. FOUR YEARS?! I don't know where time's gone. I definitely have written a post on how I started and things like that, but briefly - I was in my last year of high school and I figured why not. Now here we are.
It still feels surreal but for the past four years I've gone from having fun to trying to build up this blog and committing more to it. I definitely still have a lot of work to do but I've invested so much time into this that now it's become my baby. I don't know if this is me bragging but I really am proud of where the blog has gone. It started off on a basic website to something that I've designed myself and will continue to pour more effort and love into. Already I'm thinking of re-designing and creating more content. There's so much work but I do it because I love it!!
I wanted to share the reasons why I love blogging but also some tips if you're contemplating on starting or have started blogging. I don't claim to be an expert for 4 years is pretty lengthy right? I feel like I would've gained some things from these past few years. To celebrate I also have a mini giveaway just to thank you all for supporting me! Read on lovelies!
The people that are on here, both bloggers and just readers, are absolutely amazing. Whilst I'm not 100% involved - I admit, I can be terrible with keeping up and replying/writing comments - I do not forget that there are so many fantastic people I've connected with. I really appreciate any kind words and all the people I've been acquainted with.
Really I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to talk about books. I love that I can write about what I want and feel passionate about, and know that there are people who feel the same way I do.
3. Share what I love
When I started this, a part of me did it because I only had a handful of people to talk to about books, so this became an outlet to discover others who would want to know what books I wanted to recommend. I blog to share with you guys my favourite reads - especially those I think deserve more attention. I want to share books that are unknown but are amazing reads, which is why I'm here.
4. Discover new booksThis definitely comes under connecting with the community, but I blog about books I love and in turn I get to discover books other bloggers love. It's a win-win situation, am I right?
1. Write About What You LoveDiscover your passion and write about it. If you start to follow a trend or think you need to write what people want to read about it, then it's going to show. You're either going to sound generic, bored or really uncertain about the content. That's the worst. Instead, write about what you love and how you feel about the subject will come across. It also means that you'll be passionate about it and will want to keep on blogging.
2. Consistency is keyThis is huge and something I definitely do struggle with. Having content on your blog is key to having readers. You don't necessarily have to be posting every day but having a constant pattern for every week is great because visitors can anticipate when you will be releasing new posts and will come by! I'm still getting there with this but I swear it's super important to blogging!
3. Organise like a bossOrganisation is huge for being consistent. Whether this be having all your contacts listed and filed, month scheduled out or even having posts written well in advance - being organised is going to be a life saver when it comes to blogging. It's never easy, especially if you lead a busy life, so having a day (or two) to really dedicate time to working on your blog and getting things organised is something to consider!
4. Be PersonalI love being able to connect with blogs/bloggers and a lot of the time it's because they come across as sincere and genuine - pretty much a real person. I know who the person is, their personality, likes/dislikes and if we ever become acquainted it's just an instant connection. I don't know if that's overtly weird but I do enjoy knowing the person behind the blog.
I wanted to show my appreciation by gifting you guys with some things that I love. There are three giveaways to enter, two of which are international. The giveaways will last 2 weeks before I announce the winners. I'll make sure to tweet you guys but this post will be updated as well. Just read the guidelines and you're set!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
PRIZE ONE: FAVOURITES BOOK PACK (INTL GIVEAWAY)
There are so many books that I love but I wanted to share with you guys three of the ones that are really precious to me, and hopefully you'll love them as well! For the first week it'll be a secret, but I'll reveal what the three are on my Twitter a few days before the giveaway ends so keep an eye out! Make sure The Book Depository ships to you because they'll be my trusty delivery guys.
PRIZE TWO: BOOKISH MUG OR TOTE (INTL GIVEAWAY)
I've admired PaperFury's bookish designs for so long on her store, which is why I wanted to gift one of you guys your choice of a mug or tote bag from her various options! Check out her amazing designs to see which one you would like to win, and snap me a pic once you do get it! Also do make sure Society6 ships to your country as well!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
|Mug Examples - many more to choose from!|
|Tote Examples - many more to choose from!|
PRIZE THREE: POP! VINYL DOLL (AUST GIVEAWAY)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
That's really everything to this post. I just wanted to say thank you once more for preserving with me and my blogging journey. It's been a huge one already, and hopefully there are many more to come! Good luck to everyone entering in the giveaways!
Personally, I think is a super exciting Giveaway. I love Pop! Vinyl Dolls and I'm on my way to collecting all the different figurines. For this giveaway I'm going to stick to bookish related ones, namely Harry Potter or Alice in Wonderland because they're both books I love with characters I love. Check out the standard size figurines on the Zing website and pick your favourite!
|Figurine Examples - many more to choose from!|