|Hosted By: The Broke and The Bookish|
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish, where we list our top ten according to a topic of the week. Check out future topics here
Top Ten Characters I Didn't Click With
1. Alice from Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
I feel so mean writing this but Alice was not a character I could sympathise with, even though she was suffering from cancer. She was vindictive and manipulative, and I couldn't justify her actions.
2. Joe Goldberg from You by Caroline Kepnes
I didn't like Joe and I didn't like the book either. It's pretty hard to "click" with a psychopathic stalker.
3. Cath Avery from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Cath is such a controversial character to add to this list, but I just found her character to be irritating. Her stubbornness was probably one reason why.
4. Margaret Beaufort from The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory
Nope to this overly ambitious lady who lived in her delusional world.
5. Frankie Landau-Banks from The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
I have a review for this book coming up soon, which will definitely outline why I dislike Frankie. Keep an eye out for that.
6. Catelyn Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R. R Martin
I didn't like Catelyn right from the get go. Her attitude to certain people around her and actions that may or may not lead to other events in the novel really annoyed me.
7. Chloe from Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas
Chloe is an interesting character because she was written very realistically but her actions didn't sit well with me.
8. Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare
Tessa was an okay character to me. Nothing exciting - I felt like she added nothing to the story.
9. Tucker from Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand
There's something about Tucker that, despite his rough yet sweet nature, I just can't seem to fall for. On the contrary I was all for Team Christian.
10. Dimitri Belikov from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I'm not sure if Dimitri really belongs under this topic, but I loved his character right up until Blood Promise. From then on I just could not deal with him.